So, you’ve been on a date or two with someone you like and things seem promising. Perhaps there was a flurry of initial flirty conversation, but now you’re trying to come up with a funny response to a “what’s up” text? Your date wants to stay in touch and let you know that they’re thinking of you, but they’re not sure what to say. So, now you face that frustratingly vague and open-ended text: “Hey, what’s up?”
The “what’s up?” text is a classic for a reason: it’s inoffensive; suitable for all occasions; and it puts the ball in the other person’s court, ideal for someone who doesn’t know what kind of mood their crush is in. The trouble is, texting to say “hey, what’s up?” is a little unimaginative and it can be tricky to know how to respond in an interesting way that encourages the convo!
Don’t worry, we’re here to help! Here’re some ideas for flirty and funny responses to “what’s up?” that you can use the next time you’re not sure what to say.
11 Funny Responses to “What’s Up?”
Humor is sexy, and if you can make your date laugh, they’ll be counting down the hours until they can see you again. Whether your potential partner is into wry and sarcastic humor, or more drawn to the silly and the absurd, you’ll brighten their day by surprising them with a funny response to their “what’s up” message.
Make your lover laugh with these funny responses to “what’s up?”
1. What’s up? My heart rate now that I’m hearing from you. (Also, apparently, my level of cheesiness).
2. Do you want the answer in words or emoji format?
3. My stress levels are WAY up after a bad day at work today. Take my mind off it by telling me about something fun?
4. I can’t complain but I still reserve the right to grumble a bit if that’s okay because I’m contradictory like that.
5. Not me, I’m a little down. But now that I’m talking to you, that will soon change.
6. House prices, or so people who can afford them keep telling me.
7. My desire to get a cocktail. Can you assist me in this mission?
8. Well, I would tell you, but then I’d have to kill you. Are you game?
9. Fine, thanks. (This is an automated message. You have two questions remaining.)
10. Sorry, that’s classified. I can tell you if we meet up in person…
11. I’m socially programmed to say “not much.”
11 Flirty Responses to “What’s Up?”
A good flirty text should seamlessly move the conversation along with an invitation to continue the flirting further (questions are perfect for this!), or gentle encouragement to let them know that you’re happy they reached out.
Make your lover smile with these flirty responses to “what’s up”
1. Better now that I’m hearing from you! I can’t wait to see you again.
2. Feeling pretty beautiful/handsome today, but not as beautiful/handsome as you are!
3. I’m really busy, but counting down the hours until (insert the date when you’ll see them again).
4. I was just thinking of you and wondering how you look today. Can you send me a selfie?
5. Actually, I’m pretty exhausted from a long day at work. Maybe you can help me to de-stress?
6. I’m a bit bored at the moment. Tell me something exciting about your day.
7. I’m getting ready to go out! Want to see a picture of my outfit?
8. I’m thinking of taking a nap. Unless you have a better idea of something that I could do?
9. I’d be great if I had a date tonight. Do you know anyone who might be free?
10. Hypothetically, if I said that I’m not great, would you offer to come over and bring me some cake and give me a cuddle?
11. Well, there must be something wrong with my eyes, I can’t take them off you.
Try to keep the convo going, without resorting to the “what’s up?” cliché! Need some extra inspiration to keep your texting game fresh? Check out this list of handy conversation starters, so you’ll be ready for some text-based action.
Also Read: 6 Tips To Look Like A Natural
Leave a Reply